Despite their personal suffering, the loving presence of lesbian women and gay men is the oil that keeps the whole human machine running. If, somehow, gay people were to disappear from the scene, the whole human community would be in danger of being seriously dehumanized."
Are you gay, lesbian, bisexual, or questioning? I can help with the issues that are specific to the gay and lesbian community. I have over 12 years of experience working closely with gay and lesbian clients and couples. Finding a therapist you relate to,"click" with, and trust is the most fundamental part of therapy, since it is the foundation for all that follows. Lesbian and gay clients can rest assured that they have found a safe, supportive, affirming therapist with me.
- Depression and anxiety
- Self-acceptance and self-confidence
- Coming out to people who don't know you're gay
- Feelings of shame, guilt, or low self-esteem
- Feelings of rejection or isolation
- Relationship difficulties
- Drugs, alcohol, and codependency
- Finding a partner who wants a long-term relationship
- Mending broken hearts and learning to trust again
- Anger and arguments
- Gay parenting challenges
- Having a healthy, mature, balanced sexuality & sexual expression
- Sorting out issues of faith and spirituality
- Rejection by your church
Managing difficult relationships with extended family
This is a time of great challenge and great opportunity for gays and lesbians. It's time to be a healthy, strong individual and a healthy, strong couple.
Gay and Lesbian Mental Health Links
American Psychological Associations Website for LGBT Mental Health Issues
Gay and Lesbian Center of Los Angeles providing 12-step groups, Domestic Violence Groups, Sliding Scale Services as well as other services for youth and HIV and Violence Prevention.
Adult and Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center for LGBT Community
National organization for education and advocacy. Support for familiy members and friends of LGBT people.